Who we are
Ethical Data Ltd is a private limited company. Our registered office is:
You may contact us using our contact form.
The information we collect
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. For example, when you fill out a contact form, we ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. This may include ip address, information about your hardware, operating system, browser etc.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
How we use the information we collect
- When you contact us, we keep a record of your communication. We may use your email address or telephone number to respond to your enquiries.
- We will not share personal information about you with other people or organisations unless you have given your consent to this, or we are legally required to do so.
- We will not transfer any personal information about you outside the European Economic Area unless we are legally required to do so.
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
- We may use services such as Google Analytics to gain a better understanding of how our website visitors use our services.
Organisations may contract Ethical Data Ltd to process data on their behalf. In this case the contracting organisation is the Data Controller whilst Ethical Data Ltd is the Data Processor. Our activities as a data processor are governed by a contract.
We work hard to protect Ethical Data Ltd and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
For further information please see our Data Protection Policy.